We all know that HD-DVD is on its way out, its just a matter of time. What impact does that have on the console war? A really big impact. Bluray winning the format war makes the PS3 an automatic buy. I’m going to buy one, many that were waiting for the HDDVD/Bluray war to end will also buy one. That alone puts the PS3 back into the limelight as far as gaming is concerned. Sony knows this, everyone else knows this. I dont think Microsoft knows this.
Right now, the war looks like this:
1. Nintendo Wii
2. Microsoft Xbox 360
3 Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo is in the lead and yea that looks good. Im pretty sure Nintendo is feeling good about themselves, but we all know that the Xbox 360 is the leading console. The Wii has a completely different audience and gaming on the Wii just doesn’t really compare to what is offered on the 360 and PS3. In all honesty, the 360 is sitting pretty. They just came off a big year, has a little momentum and the single biggest Sony franchise (GTA4) is also going to be released on the 360. Everything looks "hunky dorey" for Microsoft. That is all about to change. With Bluray winning the format war, and no Bluray offering for the 360, Microsoft is sure to drop to 3rd place by the end of the year.
- Xbox live will not save them
- Downloadable movies will not save them
- Lowering the price of the HDDVD Addon will not save them.
Microsoft needs to do 2 things to stay ahead of Sony. Lower the price of the 360 even more, and add Bluray in some form. It can be another addon (as long as its not too expensive) or another 360 skew that includes Bluray. What it would cost to buy a Premium Xbox 360 (yes one with a harddrive) and a Bluray addon should equal or be lower than the cost of a PS3. If Microsoft don’t do those things. They will soon switch places with the PS3 in this console war.
Will Microsoft do what is needed to maintain?
I don’t think so, The first 2 years was a gamble, and even though things have worked out, they haven’t been as successful as they shouldve been. The 360 should have a much larger lead than it does. I also sense that Microsoft is getting a tad bit arrogant. The same way Sony was and that hurt them. Microsoft will most likely sit back and gamble some more, thinking that they have enough momentum that the "BluRay factor" will not mean anything. But it will. The flood gates are open for Bluray since theres no worry about picking the wrong format, Which also means many will be buying a PS3. Before, when the format war was an issue, the PS3 was just an expensive console. But now that Bluray is relevant, the PS3 is really a good buy.
Technorati Tags: Bluray, Format War, HDDVD, microsoft xbox, nintendo wii, ps3, Sony Playstation 3, xbox 360, xbox live
Digg This | Del.ico.us
Like hearing about Deals, Sales, Product news, and Online Shopping? Subscribe to Jonzee.com
Leave a Reply
- WOW is the most successful MMO but is it the best? | jonespc on WOW, the fastest selling PC game ever!!
- David Jones on Move over Skype-out, the Magic Jack might be a better option for VOIP calls
- alfonso on Move over Skype-out, the Magic Jack might be a better option for VOIP calls
- Jane on Shopping for Valentines day gifts? Here are a few items you should NOT get.
- John G. on Looking for free product samples? Printable coupons? Deals?
- Creative Zen Vision M….Yay or Nay?
- Rocawear brand Sold for $204 million, Jay-Z remains charge.
- $98 bucks for a Toshiba HDDVD standalone player
- Pick up this Viewsonic 26 inch LCD TV for $399 now at OfficeMax
- To Blu-ray or not?
- Shopping for Valentines day gifts? Here are a few items you should NOT get.
- Futuristic car that gets 200 Miles per gallon.
- Another PS3 exclusive goes multiplatform
- Ballers on a Budget…Get your Bling Bling for less
- Aliph Jawbone bluetooth headset with noise shield….Yay or Nay?